Redsn0w is one of the most popular jailbreaking tools and it was designed by the iPhone Dev Team so that we can easily jailbreak our devices. Today a new Redsn0w was released calling itself Redsn0w 0.9.10b7. This version of Redsn0w has been added with a few more features and also has the ability to jailbreak A5 devices. (Sorry for the blunt announcement )
After skimming through its options and comparing it with its predecessor, here are the few changes:
- If you use an A5 device and connect it, Redsn0w will not grey out “Jailbreak” button, indicating that Redsn0w can now jailbreak A5 devices
A new tab has been added in the “Extras” tab known as “Even more”. This tab gives you three options:
- Preferences: Allows you to get the ECIDs of your devices
- Boot args
- Boot logo (only for tethered boots)
Then there are two check boxes:
- Move applications
- Beep on connects/disconnects: It will beep when you connect/disconnect your phone (like in Windows)
- The last change in Redsn0w (as far as I know) is the second option in the “Even More” tab,and that is “Identify”, this allows you to check if your device has entered DFU mode or not.
That’s pretty much it in this version of Redsn0w. With all these features I think Redsn0w 1.0 is clearly in the making!
You can go ahead and install Redsn0w 0.9.10b7 from our downloads page.
So what do you guys think of the new Redsn0w (0.9.10b7)?
Stay tuned with us for more info at iOS Jedi Blog or join our Facebook fan page or Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feeds or connect with us on our Freenode-IRC channel for any iOS question you have.