Apple yesterday released iOS 5.1.1 (build number 9B206).
iOS 5.1.1 is available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPod Touch 3rd generation, the original iPad, iPad 2 and the new iPad (iPad 3).
According to the release notes, iOS 5.1.1 includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
Unfortunately, there is no mention about bug fixes for battery life issues reported by users.
As usual, jailbreakers should avoid updating to iOS 5.1.1 and also don’t forget to take a backup of SHSH blobs and BBTickets.
You can go ahead and download iOS 5.1.1 firmware from our downloads page.
Stay tuned with us for more info at iOS Jedi Blog or join our Facebook fan page or Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feeds or connect with us on our Freenode-IRC channel for any iOS question you have.