Well as you all know Absinthe 2.0 was released a couple of weeks ago and since then it has jailbroken more than a million iOS devices, I think this is just amazing. But well, we all are having some or the other issue with it. There have been loads of people on the IRC channels, on Twitter, and on various blogs asking a solution for their issue. So for that very reason I have put up this post with a few common issues and solutions to them. Before jumping to the solutions I would recommend you to try the jailbreak again with Absinthe 2.0.4. You can download Absinthe from our downloads page and can see how to jailbreak your device here or how to upgrade from a tethered jailbreak to an untethered one. If you are having issues restoring your device, you can refer our iTunes help page.
So now let’s get right into it:
1. Absinthe does not open/ Absinthe crashes:
Solution: Well this is kind of computer specific. There no serious fix for this issue, this actually depends on the stuff you have installed on your computer. But even that the Chronic-Dev Team have released Absinthe 2.0.4 which clears most of the bugs causing the crash. You might also have to use a different computer to jailbreak your device.
2. Absinthe does not work on Mountain Lions:
- Open the Absinthe 2.0 .zip file
- Right click on the Absinthe logo and choose “Show Package Contents”
- Open the Contents folder
- Choose MacOS
- Then choose Absinthe-10.6 and then pick open with Terminal
- When terminal opens, it will move a few files and Absinthe will open in a new window.
- Now all you have to do is Jailbreak.
- You need to be on iOS 5.1.1
- Navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All COntent and Settings, after doing this you should try again. But be very careful to not to try this when you are jailbroken!
- If the above suggestion does not work then you will have to restore and try again with Absinthe or Redsn0w
- If you have MobileTerminal, open it and type “uicache” (without the quotation marks) hit return and once its done, exit MT and voila!
- Re-install a package from Cydia
- If you have Springtomize 2 tap Reload > Reload Settings
2. Loss of Music:
Solution: Restore and re-jailbreak it
3. Screwed up icon layout or loss of control over stock apps:
- For a screwed up icon layout: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout
- For loss of control over stock app, try a hard reset (hold Home+Power for 15 seconds). If that does not work then you will have to restore your device and jailbreak it again
So that’s that folks, those are the most common issues that I have gathered, if you are having any other issue be sure to let me know about them.
Did this help you?
Stay tuned with us for more info at iOS Jedi Blog or join our Facebook fan page or Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feeds or connect with us on our Freenode-IRC channel for any iOS question you have.