One of the most awaited tweaks – Curiosa (formerly known as Cydia Bulletin). The tweak was flaunted by Ryan Petrich a long time ago, but it never made it into Cydia for a few reasons, the main one being that it’ll affect the default repos, making the loading slow. But now Curiosa has made it’s way into Cydia and works just as advertised.
Curiosa basically notifies you whenever there is an update available for any Cydia tweak that you have installed.
It adds a settings panel which gives you the following options:
1. Automatic Refresh:
- You can set the duration of when you want Curiosa to check if any update is available under the “When” sub-option.
- Require Wi-Fi: You can toggle this to on if you want Curiosa to check for updates when you are connected to a Wi-Fi router
2. Manual Refresh:
- If you choose “Manual” in the “When” option then you will have to set an Activator action, invoking which, will allow Curiosa to check for updates
- Refresh Now button, on being tapped checks for updates
3. Notification Keywords:
- It will show update notifications for installed packages and those that match the specified keywords
Check out Curiosa in action below:
If you are interested in Curiosa you will have to add Ryan Petrich’s beta repo: http://rpetri.ch/repo/
Let me know what you guys think about Curiosa in the comments section below.
Stay tuned with us for more info at iOS Jedi Blog or join our Facebook fan page or Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feeds or connect with us on our Freenode-IRC channel for any iOS question you have.