I usually don’t write about App Store apps, it’s always about tweaks etc… but this is special. Tweetbot, the best Twitter client for an iPhone, much better even than the Twitter app itself, went through an update and it has added a few cool and unique features.
Tapbot have now added iCloud support to Tweetbot, which will keep the Timeline positions, Direct messages (DMs) and mute filters in sync across all instances of Tweetbot running on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Here are all the new features:
- iCloud Integration (must be logged into iCloud)
- Mute filters synced across instances of Tweetbot
- DM read status synced across all instances of Tweetbot when iCloud is selected for sync
- Timeline positions are synced, this means that if you scroll on your iPhone and wait for a few second it’ll automatically scroll on your iPad (pretty cool eh?)
- Better handling of iTunes links across thumbnail previews
- YouTube links provide thumbnail previews (much awaited)
- Pinch to close image on iPad
- Minor bug fixes
It is great to see developers like Tapbots take their apps to the next level using new features available in iOS in their own unique and innovative way. Tweetbot was already the Gold standard for Twitter apps, with the iCloud sync feature, it will be even more difficult for users to give this app a miss.
You can get the updated version from within the AppStore under the updates tab, if you already have purchased it. If not then you will have to purchase it for $2.99 on the iPhone and as well as the iPad.
Stay tuned with us for more info at iOS Jedi Blog or join our Facebook fan page or Follow us on Twitter or subscribe to the RSS feeds or connect with us on our Freenode-IRC channel for any iOS question you have.